Look at us, so fresh and so clean in our perfectly white t-shirts. You may remember our previous engagement shoots from back in Cali, we had balloons, a love wall, angel wings, flowers and of course a classic Golden Coast sunset, but we still had one thing up our sleeves…
The Holi Festival is primarily observed in India and Nepal on a Full Moon at the approach of the vernal equinox. It is a celebration of the victory of good over evil, the arrival of spring and end of winter, and is a beautiful excuse to play and laugh, forget, forgive, and above all LOVE.
Waiting for the perfect photographer and the perfect setting to present themselves, the stars finally aligned. My dad’s best friend, Rick Gomez, who was also in the delivery room the day I was born taking my first photos EVER, agreed to meet us along the shores of Delray Beach, FL for this long awaited fun and colorful photo shoot.
After that highly anticipated first handful was thrown, clouds of orange, green, baby blue and yellow exploded on the beach as our laughter filled all the spaces in between. It was one of the most beautiful and extravagantly fun sunsets we have yet to share.
Feeling alive, colorful, loved and blessed, there was one thing left to do…
Sincere and special thanks to Rick Gomez for always capturing beautiful moments in my life and finding the most incredible ways to make them last forever.
Tips for working with holi powder:
- We purchased 7, 7 oz. bags for under $20 on Amazon.
- The brighter and darker the colors, the better. Hot pink, orange, green, yellow and purple were our faves.
- Go somewhere where you can have fun and get messy: the beach, a forest, random side street, graffiti alley, the dessert, get creative! You don’t want to have to hold back.
- Wear clothes and undergarments you don’t mind ruining. Our white t-shirts will never be white again, but our pants were pretty much fine. There is one section of yellow that I can’t get out of my jeans, but they’ve now become my “artist pants” so it’s no biggie.
- If you can help it, don’t wear contacts in your eyes. Drew’s were dyed red and he had to toss ’em.
- Bring a towel/ a change of clothes and a garbage bag.
- Girls, paint your nails a fun color, wear fun bracelets, pearls stay white and stand out nicely in photos (see my earrings).
- Have fun! This powder is used in celebration of love and it’s not everyday that you get to throw fists-full of anything at your lover 🙂